Getaway to the Rockies This Winter
Some destinations become world famous for a reason. Banff is home to some of the most beautiful natural scenery in not just Alberta or Canada, but the entire planet. But as easy as it would be to just spend a few days staring in wonder, Banff offers tons of activities for couples, families, friends and adventurous solo travelers.
- Lake Louise Ski Resort – AMA members can hit the slopes for less with a Lake Louise Plus Card—good for 3 free sky days!
- Sunshine Village Ski Resort – Buy the Sunshine Super Card at AMA for 3 free days of skiing or riding.
- Private Vacation Photoshoots – Dazzle your friends with professional pics taken in one of the most gorgeous locations in the world.
- Banff Mountain Photography Tours – Or take your own photos on a tour designed to get you the best shots possible.
- Private Sleigh Rides – Fantasy becomes reality when you’re riding in a horse drawn sleigh in an actual Winter Wonderland.
- Johnston Canyon Icewalk Excursions – Hike steel walkways built into the canyon for an u up close look at breathtaking icefalls.
Just on the border of Banff, Canmore offers a comforting mix of small-town relaxation with international sophistication. Visitors can enjoy all the same activities found in nearby Banff or take part in several exciting adventures unique to Canmore.
- Canmore Caving Adventure Tour – Adventurous travelers will treasure this chance to repel 6 stories into one of Canada’s most exciting caves.
- Canmore Signature Clue Solving Adventure – Buy the Sunshine Super Card at AMA for 3 free days of skiing or riding.
- Half-Day Small Group Hike Through Rockies – This family friendly adventure will take you through a water-sculpted canyon right in the heart of the Rockies.
The largest national park in the Canadian Rockies, Jasper is an ideal destination for skiers, campers, families and anyone looking to spend a few days with crisp fresh air and natural beauty as far as the eye can see. Its unique opportunities include:
- Marmot Basin Ski Resort – AMA members can purchase the Marmot Escape Card, which gets them ½ price on lift tickets all season and discounts on food, beverages and rentals.
- Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon – Beginners are encouraged to take part in this thrilling 6-hour tour and climbing experience.
- Jasper Food Tour – This guided tour is ideal for foodies looking to sample some of Jasper’s best dishes while they learn about the area’s history and legends.
- Winter Wildlife Discovery Tour – A trip to Jasper isn’t quite complete without at least one photo of a moose!
- Maligne Canyon Icewalk – For those who aren’t interested in climbing, this is a great alternative way to appreciate the beauty of Maligne Canyon.