London Contest Winner Answers the Call
Robert Moore didn’t think much of it when he placed his entry into AMA Travel’s London Is Calling trip giveaway contest.
But when his daughter answered a phone call from Calgary’s WILD 95.3 morning show live on air (“my voice doesn’t sound like that!”), he “knew it was a good call.”
The prize? Round-trip flights and accommodations for two to London, England.
The Agent Experience
Though Robert had grown accustomed to handling his trip bookings independently, his experience with Sharla “exceeded expectations.”
Robert was impressed with how convenient it was to sit down with an expert and have his flights, hotel, and transportation booked all at once. “The arrangements,” he says, “were bang on. And next time I go on a trip, I’ll definitely call AMA first.”
So who did he take on this free trip? Robert decided to bring along his father, who was born in England and later immigrated to Canada.
“He loved every minute of it” Robert says. “My dad’s 78 years old, so it was a godsend for him to go and visit family.”
Highlights from their weeklong adventure included:
- Touring St Paul’s Cathedral
- Crossing Abbey Road
- A couple afternoons in trendy Camden Town
- Enjoying a few pints at London’s famous pubs
In fact, Robert had such a pleasant time, he’s thinking of making London his top vacation destination. “I’d love to go again—next time with my wife, of course.”
Ever grateful, Robert had this to say before concluding our chat: “I’d like to thank everyone involved at AMA. I really appreciate it.”
Here’s what our winner says made his London trip especially memorable:
- Fly with Transat. “The service was very good.”
- Book a hotel in Earls Court. “I liked the Ibis Earls Court. It’s close to downtown, a tube station, and within walking distance of Chelsea’s football stadium.
- Arrange limo transport from Gatwick airport. “Having someone waiting there to drive you to your hotel was first class.”
Is London calling your name?
Or contact an AMA travel agent to get help planning and booking your getaway.